During this time, we have implemented additional safety precautions to help protect our patients and staff. Please review the following:
· Upon scheduling an appointment, a COVID-19 questionnaire will be emailed to you. This questionnaire must be completed before you arrive at the office. We will postpone treatment for any patient who has experienced or been in contact with someone who has experienced the following symptoms within 14 days of the scheduled appointment date: fever, cough, loss of taste and/or smell, flu-like symptoms, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, and fatigue.
· If you are over the age of 65 or have preexisting health conditions (as recommended by CDC) such as diabetes, chronic lung disease or asthma, serious heart conditions, chronic kidney or liver disease, or are immunocompromised we recommend you use your discretion about scheduling preventive care.
· We will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes physical distancing and allows for adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments.
· Upon arrival at our office, call us from your car to let us know you have arrived. We will call you back once the office is ready for you to enter.
· We ask that patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need a guardian to accompany them, we ask that this be limited to a single family member.
· Every person entering the office is expected to wear a face covering and will be asked to sanitize their hands immediately upon entry.
· Please take your temperature the morning of your appointment. We will confirm no fever with a contactless thermometer upon your arrival.
· Our reception room will no longer offer magazines since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
· Clear plastic screens (sneeze guards) have been installed at the front desk to minimize exposure to airborne pathogens.
· High efficiency particulate arrestance (HEPA) air purifiers have been installed in the office to help improve the air quality in the area for all patients, family members, and staff.
· REME HALO directly installed in our HVAC system to disinfect germs in the air.
· Fogging with a safe and effective disinfectant (hypochlorus acid) to address aerosols which occurs following each patient visit, and periodically throughout the entire office.
· An antiseptic mouth rinse with an iodine solution will proceed all treatment to reduce potential pathogens.
· Our doctors and staff will be wearing all of the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE).
Even with these enhanced precautions, if you are not comfortable scheduling routine preventive care at this time, such as cleanings, check-ups, and repair of non-painful teeth, it is perfectly reasonable and understandable to defer such elective treatment. Work extra hard on your daily oral homecare, including brushing (electric brush ideally) and flossing, and use the interdental cleaners or other aids as we have recommended on your hygiene visits. Try your best to maintain a healthy diet, avoid between meal snacks, and drink plenty of water. When you are ready, we will be here for you.