The CDC has designated COVID-19 an “Aerosol Transmissible Disease,” a category that includes measles. Given that some dental procedures are known to produce significant aerosols, and that our office has an ethical and legal obligation to do no harm and to protect the health of all our patients, we may ask about your vaccine status. While vaccination will not be required for treatment, certain indicated procedures may be deferred pending a negative COVID test.
Here at Middlesex Dental Associates, all of our staff have been fully vaccinated against the virus that causes COVID-19.
We're happy to announce a few changes to our check-in procedures prior to your appointments, effective immediately:
- We will no longer require the Covid-19 screening form prior to your dental appointments.
- We will no longer ask you to call before you come inside of the office. Please come right inside at your scheduled appointment time.
- We will no longer be taking your temperature upon arrival.
Safety pre-cautions that will remain in place are as follows:
- Every person entering the office is expected to wear a mask except during active treatment.
- We will continue scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes physical distancing and as always allows for adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments.
- We will continue use of the individual room air purifiers, along with HEPA filters and ionizers in our central air handlers which will remain set for a high level of fresh air exchange.
- We will continue to monitor indoor air quality by measuring CO2 levels in real time.
- We will continue to fog with a safe and effective disinfectant (hypochlorous acid) upon patient dismissal from each operatory, and periodically throughout the entire office.
- A molecular iodine pre-rinse solution will precede all treatment to reduce potential pathogens.